Roaming within European Union (EU) Countries has changed. Selected prepaid bundles now include EU Countries roaming services. Lycamobile prepaid bundles that include an EU Countries roaming allowance are marked ‘EU Roaming’ and bear the EU emblem as below.
To see which of our prepaid bundles include an EU Countries roaming allowance, please click here.
These EU Countries roaming bundles allow you to make calls, texts and data when roaming within EU Countries as if you were using your bundle at home. However, these selected bundles are subject to our Fair Usage Policy described below.
IMPORTANT: Some of our prepaid bundles do not include an EU Countries roaming allowance. Before purchasing a bundle, please check that it includes all the services you want to use.
*EU Countries includes EEA countries. The full list is below:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
Pay As You Go
You can use EU Countries roaming services on Pay As You Go. Lycamobile Pay As You Go customers roaming within EU Countries will be charged at our Standard National Rates, as below. Receiving calls and texts while roaming within EU Countries will be free of charge.
|UK Landlines||UK Mobiles (Lycamobile)||UK Mobiles (Other mobile)||SMS (Lycamobile)||SMS (Other mobile)||Data|
For call rates to non-EU Countries when roaming within EU Countries, please click here.
Fair Usage Policy and Important Information
- • Our roaming services are intended for Lycamobile customers who visit EU Countries for short periods, for example a holiday or short trip. Our roaming Fair Usage Policy is designed to prevent misuse of our EU Countries roaming products and service.
- • To use our EU Countries roaming services you must first activate your SIM in your home country (and have purchased a Lycamobile product that includes EU Countries roaming services).
- • If we notice that over any 4-month period you have spent more time abroad in the EEA that at home, and have used more than 50% of your mobile services for EEA roaming, we will send you a text message to remind you to comply with our EEA roaming Fair Usage Policy
- • If you do not comply with our roaming Fair Usage Policy within two weeks of the reminder text message, we will apply the following surcharges for your EU Countries roaming usage:
Calls: £0.03 per min
SMS: £0.01 per SMS
Data: £0.005 per MB
- • These surcharges for breach of Lycamobile’ s EEA roaming Fair Usage Policy will stop automatically as soon as either your domestic presence or domestic usage reaches 50% over a 4-month rolling period
- • If you have a prepaid bundle that includes EU Countries roaming services, then a different data limit will apply when you roam within EU Countries. Please click here and select the ‘More’ option on each bundle for details of the data limit.
- • Your calls to other Lycamobile numbers are free at home (minimum top-up applies), but when you roam within EU Countries they will be charged (or deducted from your bundle allowance) as standard calls.
- • If we identify abusive usage of our roaming services due to organised resale of our SIM cards to persons who normally live outside of the UK then we may take immediate proportionate measures to stop this, which could include suspension of services. We will send a text message to any such affected SIM cards.
- • If you have any queries or wish to complain about our roaming services, please contact us.